Thursday, August 28, 2014

Inspection List Being Made for Practical Completion

One thing that still puzzles me is the question: "What is practical completion?" 

From what I had been told, 

  • there will be no appliances (to minimise theft) 
  • possibility that electricals will not be finalised 
  • no need to bring ladder and light bulbs (how do I check electrical fittings and which switch, etc.) 
  • no need for tools (e.g., spirit level, measuring tape) 
    • I'm still bringing them just in case 
  • paint touch ups will still need to be done (this I can understand) 
The site supervisor will be walking with us through the house on 1-Sep and hopefully find everything that needs fixing. I have also acquired help from an independent inspector to see the workmanship of the place and to help spot things that I am not trained to do (and that will be most). 

I am compiling a list of things to look out for on a per room basis. It's about 8 pages now and I have only covered 5 out of about 20 spaces. It is going to be a long list from what I can estimate so far. I hope that the inspection remains exciting for us and that it doesn't become chore-like and tedious. Like my mum said, we should go through the whole process like it is an adventure. 

It's pretty late here now and I have a packed Friday and Weekend. I hope I can squeeze some time before Monday to finish this whole list. I also hope that it actually is useful for the inspection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment